Why so serious?

Sep 7, 2011
I have come to the realization within the last month or so that I take dating way too seriously.  I'm not sure where exactly it stemmed from, but I have always thought that by going on a date with a guy you were committing to being in a relationship with him.

Talk about pressure on the first date!

Because of this I would tell guys that I wasn't interested, since I didn't necessarily want to be in a relationship with him.  Like I said, not sure where this train of thought came from.

This topic came up talking with a friend last night.  She too had come to this realization.  Dating is supposed to be the time to get to know someone to see if you want to be in a relationship with him.  Go on a date, have fun, decide whether you want that relationship when the DTR (define the relationship) conversation comes up.  Otherwise, date away.

Now obviously you still have standards (no homie/gangsta for me) for the guys you go on dates with, but for the most part (hopefully) they will be decent guys that you can just go out and have a good time being spoiled. 

What a relief!! 

Now who's going to take me out Friday?  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.