Belongitis Southernexia

Sep 4, 2011
I think it is time I tell you that I suffer from Belongitis Southernexia.  This condition isn't found in medical books, but in the...Jenny Dictionary.  This is where we also found the term Mini-Adventure. So what is Belongitis Southernexia? 
Belongitis Southernexia: n. A disorder found in Northern state residents that causes the person to display Southern state characteristics or show favoritism to Southern activities, fashion, music or cuisine.
Do you have Belongitis Southernexia?

Here are the symptoms you need to watch out for:
  • Do you like country music?
  • Do you own a pair of cowboy boots and wear them...to public events...in the summer?
  • Not only do you own boots, but do you also have a cowboy hat...that you wear in public...with the boots?
  • Do you love cornbread? mmmm....cornbread.
  • Do you order sweet tea at restaurants, and when they say they have regular tea and sweetener, you pass?
  • Do you say words like y'all, ain't and shouldn'a?
  • Are you proud when you hear songs like Sweet Home Alabama or God Bless Texas even though you aren't from Alabama or Texas?
If you said yes to 4 or more of the above questions you too may have Belongitis Sounthernexia.

The first step is to admit you have a problem.  The problem isn't that you have this made-up serious disorder, but that you live in a Northern state.

My problem is that I live in Ohio. Phew. First step over. 

The second step requires you to embrace your southern-ness.  This is a process.  I am still perfecting this step.  I went to a county fair on Friday to see....the tractor pull!



Ha ha ha it sounded so southern and countryish.  Three out of four people in our group were wearing cowboy hats.  Did I feel at home?  No!  There was one 60 year old dude in the crowed stands that had on a cowboy hat and that's it!  I was very sad. But boy did we look cute!! I got bored after about 10 minutes.  I stayed though, watching for almost an hour just so I could say I went.  



The third step....oh gee just move to the south already. :)

Well, I'm having a flare up now and need to find some sweet tea.  Have a good Labor Day weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Stacey said...:

    Hahahohohehehohohehahahahoahahaha!

    LOVE. IT. Best post ever. What do you call a Southerner that lives in the North but still longs to be Southern??? Now THAT I gotta know.

  1. Unknown said...:

    Well I don't suffer from belongitis southernexia because I am from the southern states, but I can understand why a lot of people might! :)

    Stopping by from the Say Hi Sunday Blog hop!

    ~your newest follower

    You can find me at www.theclumsycoquette.com

  1. Mommy Bags said...:

    Funny. Tractor pull...really...lol. New follower from the blog hope. Hope you can swing by my site. Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.