Think Pink

Sep 17, 2011

One of my favorite things about September, besides my birthday, is the annual Race for the Cure that takes place downtown next Sunday.  The Susan G. Komen organization has been raising funds and fighting against breast cancer for 25 years.  On their website they state that over the next 25 years, 25 million women will be diagnosed with breast cancer if a cure isn't found. 

I love being a part of something bigger than myself.  I go downtown often for sporting events, but on the Race for the Cure day everything feels different.  There is an excitement in the air.  I can feel the energy that emanates from the crowd.  It is also an emotional day.  Seeing women, young and old, wearing pink shirts that signify that they are fighting breast cancer, makes me thankful for my health and proud of their courage. 

I know that there are Race for the Cure events all over the country at different times; I encourage you to participate in the one near you next year.  You won't be sorry. 

It's not too late to help out this year.  Check out my team's page to donate.  

1 comments:

  1. Jenny that is great :) Just thought you should know, since you said 'hello' to my mom everyday for who knows how long, that she was just diagnosed with breast cancer a few months back. It's been a hard road and it's going to be that way for awhile but just keep her in mind while you walk. Miss ya!! Sidenote love this blog because then I still get to hear your randomness!! Hehe :)

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.