The summer of 9/11- We remember

Sep 11, 2012
We celebrated my 16th birthday with my grandparents at lunch that day.  It had become a family tradition to go out to eat.  Was our table full of laughter and fun stories of the vacation we had just returned from?  No, we tried to carry on a conversation, but our attention just kept returning to the screens filled with the tragic event that had started just a few hours earlier.

I was lucky enough to visit all three sites this summer...
I was at this same place in 2004....then it looked more like this...
Now two pools serve as reminders of that day...
This is the section of the Pentagon that the plane hit...
We will forever remember...
In a little town in Pennsylvania...


People that didn't give up...

They crashed in the middle of nowhere...

Now we rebuild...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.