And the winner is....

Feb 28, 2012
The presenter takes a dramatic pause, while I cross my fingers and close my eyes hoping that maybe just maybe the next words out of his mouth will be the movie I chose to be the winner. Or not.

Sunday night was the 84th Annual Academy Awards (like you needed me to remind you). And I must say I was a little happy at times, but mostly shocked.  Let's just say that out of the 24 categories I correctly predicted 3.  That's pretty bad.  Last year I had 17.  Sad face.

I know you are seeing pictures, articles and Oscar hype everywhere, but I know you are just dying to hear what I have to say about this grand event.

I said you are DYING to hear what I have to say....

That's better.  I have appropriately named this...

My top three happy and sad moments:

My happy moments:

1) Octavia Spencer winning Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her portrayal of Minnie Jackson.  If you have not seen The Help you need to put that on your must see list right now.  Right. NOW.

I'll wait while you write that down. 


Ok, moving on...


2) I enjoyed Billy Chrystal as a host, much more than James Franco and Anne Hathaway's sad attempt last year. 

3) Critiquing the fashion of the red carpet.  What else can you expect when you have a small gathering of girl friends.  And I must say the guys in the group did a fine job....making conversation amongst themselves and leaving us to our important business.  :)

My sad moments

1) Best picture going to The Artist.  Now I don't have much to say about the movie, it's still on my need to see list, but I was totally rooting for The Help.  It is so good!  The acting is brilliant, the script is brilliant, the costumes are, you guessed it, brilliant! It should have won.  I demand a re-vote.

2) I don't understand how this: 

beat this:


for Best Make-up.  Huh??  and I'm not saying this because I'm a Harry fan (I haven't jumped on that bandwagon); I'm saying this because it seems that creating the characters of Harry Potter is a little more intense than making Meryl Streep look like Margaret Thatcher. 

Just saying.

3) Transformers should have gotten a little pat on the back for something!  Hello!!!  You want to see visual effects?  How about when giant robots fighting each other magically and suddenly transform into cars midair.  Come on, how cool is that!?  (Yes, I am on the "in love with Transformers" bandwagon.)

There you have it.  Now your Oscar coverage is complete. 

So were you shocked? or spot on with your predictions?  I need to know I'm not alone! 

Thanks. 

Now go watch The Help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.