Making boys cry

Jan 13, 2012
Did you see my t-shirt? Yeah, it's kinda true.  I don't mean to do it, it just kind of happens. 

Remember, I was doing an experiment with Match.com?  I joined for a couple months just to see what would happen, but secretly wondering if I would meet a lot of guys and go on some dates.  I did meet a few guys, and I did end up going on a couple dates.  But as nice as a guy that he is, he just isn't for me. 

Here comes the awkward part that I hate.  Telling him that I was pretty sure he liked me a lot more than I liked him.  I still haven't officially done that. 

Unless he reads this blog...oops.

He hasn't text me for a couple days, so maybe I'm off the hook altogether. If only I could be that lucky.

I realized from the beginning that interacting with guys online was different than trying to form relationships face-to-face. I feel like there was a different code.  In real life I am all about telling the person how I feel face-to-face, not over a text or email.  In this instance, I almost feel like I have to go the less personal way since that is the main way we communicate. 

Either way I don't want to make him cry.  Actually I'm sure he won't cry, but it is always a ping to the ego.

So what do I do?  How do you tell a guy you're just not that in to him in a gentle, not-so-horrible way?
Readers I need your advice.

Yes, that's you.  Leave me a comment. 

And then I'll give you his number an you can tell him.
Ok, ok, I'll do it.
Gosh you guys.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Stacey said...:

    I say rip it off like a bandaid! Just get it over with and move on! :)

    Have fun in Florida!!!!

  1. Julie said...:

    Haha, you should have let Alison do it for you when you had the chance.

    But seriously, just keep it simple. Tell him you enjoyed meeting and getting to know him, but you don't think it's really going anywhere. Say something final like you hope he finds what he's looking for ... and then change your phone number if necessary. :)

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite! :) Not a fan of spam, the fake meat or fake comment. Your comment will appear after I click ok.